GGOS Focus Area
Unified Height System
The GGOS-FA-UHS activities are realized by dedicated working groups with contributions of the IAG components.
Working groups coordinates by the GGOS Focus Area Unified Height System
- JWG 0.1.1. Vertical Datum Standardization
- JWG 0.1.2. Strategy for the Realization of the International Height Reference System (IHRS)
- JWG 0.1.3: Implementation of the International Height Reference Frame (IHRF)
Supporting IAG Components
- GGOS Bureau of Products and Standards (GGOS-BPS)
- IAG Commission 1: Reference Frames
- IAG Commission 2: Gravity Field
- IAG Inter Commission Committee on Theory (ICCT)
- IERS: International Earth Rotation and Reference Systems as umbrella of the IAG geometry services.
- IGFS: International Gravity Field Service as umbrella of the IAG gravity services.
- BGI: Bureau Gravimétrique International
- ICGEM: International Centre for Global Earth Models
- ISG: International Service for the Geoid
- PSMSL: Permanent Service for Mean Sea Level
- Working Group TIGA: Tide Gauge Benchmark Monitoring of the IGS: International GNSS ServiceThe extension of the global vertical frame activities at national and regional level are ensured by the participation of the IAG Sub-Commissions devoted to the regional representations especially in geometric reference frames (IAG Commission 1) and regional gravity networks and geoid (IAG Commission 2).
Affine studies / projects